Migraines are debilitating and can leave their sufferers feeling drained. But, isn’t a migraine just a really bad headache? What is the difference, and what can be done about it so you can finally obtain migraine relief in Calgary?
- Migraines often have pain that shows up behind the eye.
- Sometimes sinus problems accompany a migraine, such as teary eyes and a runny nose.
- Some people experience an aura or visual disturbances with their migraines, such as flashing light, lines, or spots. These can last for 5 – 60 minutes and then go away for an hour before head pain begins.
- Migraines usually only affect one side of the head with pounding and throbbing pain.
- Neck pain may come on before, during, or after a migraine attack.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and migraines and other headaches download our complimentary e-book Natural and Drug-Free Ways to End Your Migraines below.
The Impact of Migraines
Whether it is a headache or a migraine, it is sure to have a negative impact on your life in some way. Many people with migraines take more time off of work than those without. Family time and social events often suffer. Some treatment options help ease the pain temporarily, but it is no guarantee that migraines will not occur again. People seem to be trending toward more natural means to care for migraines. Does this exist?
Proper Neck Alignment and Relief from Migraines
Solara Health in Calgary, AB offers its patients a natural, effective way to help migraines. Because they are often linked to a misalignment in the bones of the upper cervical spine, we focus on making sure these bones are in their proper position. A misalignment here can lead to an obstruction of blood flow and cerebrospinal fluid flow to and from the brain. This can cause a migraine to occur. Our migraine chiropractor in Calgary uses a gentle method that precisely targets the problem area and encourages the bones to realign naturally. Patients often see positive results in one or two visits.
To schedule a complimentary phone consultation with the Dr. Bohemier and Solara Health call (403) 266-2283 or just click the button below.
If you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.